- February 18, 2016 at 10:17 am #369586
Hi everyone…I have got to get a new mattress soon! It’s a really happy thing. Errrrr….But I just don’t even know where to start and wanted to see if I could get any guidance or advice before I receiving my memory foam mattress.
I searched a few tips by myself like How to setup and maintain your memory foam mattress. Except these tips ,are there any important details that I ignored? Just in case that I bought a good mattress but have an uncomfortable sleep due to improper operation.Thank you.
- February 18, 2016 at 12:47 pm #462898FreebieQueenModerator@fastly 1010586 wrote:
are there any important details that I ignored? Just in case that I bought a good mattress but have an uncomfortable sleep due to improper operation.Thank you.
You really can’t Improperly operate a memory foam mattress. It comes in a vacuum sealed package, you simply unroll it, let it set for several hours, straighten it, let it set until it has regained it’s complete natural shape which can take up to 12 hours, and then make the bed like any other.I do recommend a bamboo mattress pad because your body’s natural oils and sweat can break down the memory foam. This is the one that I personally purchased and use on each of the beds in our home: Amazon.com: Extra Plush Bamboo Top Fitted Mattress Pad, King: Home & Kitchen
I love it and wouldn’t use anything else! It’s washable, helps regulate body temperature allowing your body to naturally cool and protects your memory foam mattress investment.
Congrats on the new mattress, may you enjoy many nights of comfy sleep!!
- February 19, 2016 at 1:18 am #462901Thanks for your reminder and recommendation,I already bought the mattress pad with mattress together.
- February 19, 2016 at 1:06 pm #462902
@fastly 1010586 wrote:
Hi everyone…I have got to get a new mattress soon! It’s a really happy thing. Errrrr….But I just don’t even know where to start and wanted to see if I could get any guidance or advice before I receiving my memory foam mattress.i agree with what fb said above, there really isn’t any advice needed for setting up the mattress other than:
1. Don’t open it until it’s in the Room you Want it in. It’s immediately bulky and will expand the second you open the package making it difficult to move it from room to room.
Let it expand FULLY before using it, otherwise you risk damaging it.Let it air out for about 24 hours before using it and you won’t have to smell it.
3. Let it Air out for 24 hours before using it. The chemicals they use when manufacturing those things REEK and contain formeldahyde.
4. Enjoy your new mattress!!
- February 22, 2016 at 8:00 am #462913
Yeap ,absolutely right,Now I am really enjoying my new mattress,thanks for the great reply.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.