- December 30, 2008 at 11:31 pm #268360
2 1/2 lb Yukon gold or russet (baking) potatoes, peeled and quartered
3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1/2 stick (4 Tbsp) butter
1/2 cup milk, heated
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 cup (3 oz) shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped scallions
Garnish: sliced scallions
1. Have ready a 11/2-qt shallow baking dish.
2. Boil potatoes in a large pot in water to cover 15 to 20 minutes until soft when pierced. Drain; return to pot.
3. Mash with a handheld mixer or potato masher. Add sour cream, butter, hot milk, salt and pepper.
Beat until blended and smooth. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese and the chopped scallions. Spread in ungreased baking dish.
Cover tightly with foil.
4. Bake 25 minutes, or until hot. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and bake just until cheese melts.
Sprinkle with scallions.
Planning Tip: Can be made through Step 3 up to 1 day ahead. Refrigerate covered. Reheat, covered, at 350°F 45 minutes.
Proceed with Step 4.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.