Marshmallows Stuck Together?

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Marshmallows Stuck Together?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Marshmallows Stuck Together?

If marshmallows have adhered to each other in the bag, pour a bit of
      confectioners’ sugar into the bag and shake it to coat them. Once
      coated, they won’t stick together.

If they’re Really Really Stuck, just make Rice Krispie Treats

I have a bag of marshmallows that are not only stuck together but to the bag also. Will try to get them loose from the bag but may have to peel them out into a bowl and proceed from there. It’s not that they are expensive, just don’t like to throw them away.

Thanks for the tip.

Yeh, great tip!!! 🙂 I’m gonna have to try this one!!! 🙂

thanks for the tip! i know our marshmallows were stuck but the hubbie had fun eating them anyway.. LOL

I keep my marshmallows in the freezer- they won’t stick together and they will thaw out in a about 10 seconds. :045:

These are great tips!

When I find that the marshmallows are sticking together, I figure it’s time to make Rice Krispies treats. lol!

I use to melt them down and make frosting out of them but recently tried the powered sugar thing and it worked great! the kids wanted to make smores so had to try this. I think it worked best as a 2 man project though!

I had laid the bag on a cookie sheet to try and peel away the bag and then had to try and pull the marshmallows apart so my daughter stepped in and started adding the powered sugar and it went much better!

We had fun and enjoyed roasting hot dogs and making smores over the kitchen gas range during our 18 hour down pour the other day!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Marshmallows Stuck Together?