Mark-Down Bin Menu for September 1-7

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Weekly Menu Plans Mark-Down Bin Menu for September 1-7

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Using some left-overs, so budget was a bit expanded;-D
      Sunday — leftover turkey-neck soup with crusty bread…$0
      Monday — everyone went out of town for the holiday so I’m making chicken pot-pie, using left-overs and ingredients on hand…$0
      Tuesday — black-eyed peas with smoked jowls (that’s big chunk of bacon, chopped for those that don’t know;->) and corn bread…$5.85 (will be a future meal)
      Wednesday — black beans with smoked sausage and salad…$6.27 (this will also be a future meal)
      Thursday — cheesy hamburger skillet (homemade hamburger helper using shells) and French-cut green beans…$7.50
      Friday — spaghetti and meatballs with crusty bread and salad…$7.50
      Saturday — Czech stuffed cabbage with noodles…$7.99
      Total at the store — $35.11.

Granted, I’m a single and I’ll be freezing leftovers that aren’t used for lunch, but I cook meals for four. Why? I can use the leftovers for lunches and freeze the rest for future meals.

Guess you could say that I’m paying my budget forwardgiggle smiley
      Sandwich smilie

shame smilie I spent several months newly single eating nothing but take out, cereal or peanut butter sandwiches for dinner. I didn’t even consider cooking like this… And I’m old enough to know better..

Such a clever, clever lady this Mos is…
      Absolutely LOVE how you plan you meals, then plan them over…and over… 😀
      Please keep posting your meal plans…I love reading them and learning new tricks!
      Thank you for sharing them!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Weekly Menu Plans Mark-Down Bin Menu for September 1-7