- This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated November 7, 2008 at 4:05 am by .
- November 5, 2008 at 12:15 pm #265989
1 lb fresh mushrooms, (the smaller the better) or canned whole mushrooms, drained
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup vegetable or olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced very thinly
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 T. brown sugar
* Clean mushrooms, trimming the end of each stem. Leave the mushrooms whole. * In a saucepan, mix the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. * Add mushrooms and simmer 5-6 minutes or until the mushrooms appear darker in color. * Remove and let cool. Then chill in a covered bowl, stirring occasionally. * Drain and serve.
Notes: Easy pickling tidbit: Put slivers of celery, carrots or red/green peppers into a jar of the leftover pickle juice. Bring just to boiling. Cool. Refrigerate a few days before serving.
Number of Servings: 6-8
- November 7, 2008 at 4:05 am #402991
Oh boy these are a favorite. Never made these. Will try.yummm
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.