Maple-Glazed Chicken

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dirt Cheap Dinners Maple-Glazed Chicken

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      BiggerPiggyBank

Here’s one of our favorite quick marinades to make to add flavor to cheap pieces of chicken. We buy the chicken when it’s on sale (sometimes we get breasts, other times leg quarters for as little as .48 a pound. If you talk to some of the local restaurants in your area they are sometimes willing to buy an extra case of chicken (a LOT cheaper than you can buy it in the store) and resell it to you for a $5 profit to them.

The discount is still pretty huge, about .80 – $1 cheaper per Pound.

Maple-Glazed Chicken ($1.43 )
      1/4 cup maple syrup (.05)
      4 tsp. lemon juice (.05)
      1 Tbsp. butter or margarine (.05)
      salt and pepper (to taste)
      4 pieces chicken ($1.28 purchased on sale at $1.34/.lb)

Preheat oven to 450. Mix maple syrup, lemon juice and butter together in small saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes.

Spray a baking dish
      and place chicken in it. Salt and pepper the chicken. Bake for 10 minutes.

Remove from oven and pour on glaze. Bake for 15 minutes more or until juices run clear.

Originally Submitted to Budget101.com website by : Birdie12

© Can Stock Photo Inc. / Res_Art

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      MrsPaws

Just happened to see this…the mixture for the chicken sounds great. I’ll have to try this one.
      Thanks for sharing.

Teena

This sounds so good and quick and easy, can’t wait to try it. Thanks again!!!

m.simmons

Yum! And I just got chicken leg quarters on sale for fifty-five cents a pounds so it will be even cheaper to make:) Love this website so far.

Mystifah

We finally tried this one last night and we really enjoyed it. The total cost for us was around $4 for the entire family & that’s with using Liss’ techniques listed in her ebook for getting deals on chicken. Btw, thanks so much for that- my neighbor and I really appreciated the splitting tip!

ahhhlexiseve

This sounds delicious! Any recommendations on what to make with it?

xstepmom

@ahhhlexiseve 616010 wrote:

This sounds delicious! Any recommendations on what to make with it?

Yes, make the amazing sweet potato fries that are on the site, just use the search button, they go awesome together!! That’s what I made for dinner last night multistars smilie

joelynx

Definitely trying this one!! Maple syrup and chicken are two of my favourite things lol 😀

Thank you

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dirt Cheap Dinners Maple-Glazed Chicken