Male neighbor cat spraying our front door area.. please help

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Male neighbor cat spraying our front door area.. please help

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Melissa, I have had that same problem. Caused alot of trouble with our neighbors. I went to Petco and they have a spay for the outdoors.

The only problem is you have to spay it everyday around your yard to keep the cat out. I can’t remember the name of it but if you ask them they will help. Also, I hadtwo empty spray bottles.

One had ammonia and the other had colored dye. ( the cat was white). Every time the cat came in myyard, I sprayed him with the ammonia.

When he came back the again, I spayed him with the dye. It all washed out of the cat but the owners had to keep washing him because he smelled and kept getting the wet dye on their stuff. Now before anyone says anything, I do have two female cats (they are fixed), 1 male dog and two fancy rats.

I love animals but owners need to be responsible for their animals. Also, try bleach to help get the smell gone from your front door
      etc. Marian

DVICTOR1 wrote:

we have a neighbor’s male cat spraying our flower beds. with it getting warm outside, the smell is
      getting really bad and it hits guest when they walk up the sidewalk and at the front door.

i googled and found some suggestions…:

“Citronella works best for cats as well as citrus scents such as orange or lemon (primarily towards cats), cayenne pepper, coffee grounds, pipe tobacco, lavender oil, lemon grass oil, citronella oil, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, and mustard oil”

has anyone had any luck with anything specific?

when
      they say coffee grounds, would this be used from the coffee maker or new from the can? i don’t know how i would put oil in the weeds, just spray it on or pour it over the area?

our flower bed is a large overgrown weed pit that i have not had time to get to.

i don’t know the first thing about flowers so i am not sure what all the other suggestions are, but if it works, i can find it and learn how to plant it. it is really embarrassing to have people come up and hold their noses until we can let them in.

thank you for your help.

melissa in ok windowtext;font-family: verdana;”>

Don’t get soaked. Take a
      https://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news”> quick peek at the forecast
      with the
      https://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news”>Yahoo! Search weather shortcut.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Male neighbor cat spraying our front door area.. please help