Male neighbor cat spraying our front door area.. please help

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Male neighbor cat spraying our front door area.. please help

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Have you posted an ad on petfinders.com? They have a classified section where you can post an ad free for 14 days. You can post ads for adoptable pets or forlost or found pets.

I know our local Humane Society has a lot of great volunteers who spend agreat dealof time on the Internet and phone searching out Rescues that will take our animals. Ours is one that practices euthanasia if all else fails and the volunteers contact all
      possible agencies to find a place that will take them to prevent this. Did you know that black cats and dogs are the hardest to adopt and usually don’t make it out of the shelter?

I have adopted several and they are the most loving things. There is a rescue group that only helps out black cats but they are always so full.There are also rescues that take in only German Shepherds, Greyhounds, Huskies, etc. I will check with a friend of mine who is a volunteer.

I know she sometimes drives animals all the way from west central il up to the chicago area to a rescue group there. she has a weakness for beagles so she may know of a group that takes in beagles or seniors. i know she adopted an older one herself so she may have a few ideas.

where are you located? you can also check petfinders shelter list for your state and may find something there can help you. she would probably able to help more if she knew where you were located as she has connections all over the place.

my neighbor rescued a cat from wv and she was able to get him transport all the way to chicago. i’ll post again after i have talked to her or you can email me privately and i can pass on any info. good luck!

i know what a heart breaking decision that must be to make. my animals are part of the family and i would never be able to part with one but i am sure you have thought this through and
      have no other option. is there no one in your family that can take her?

btw, congrats on the new baby! pam

— in Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, Herlean wrote:
      Since you work for a vet, maybe you can help me out:

Does anybody adopt 16 year old dogs??????????? Really! We have
      one and a new baby.

Since one of them has to go and the baby is
      staying, I have been calling shelters, agencies that say they
      adopt “senior” dogs, etc. and I have not found anybody who will adopt
      this dog. Our only other option seems to be putting her down.

My husband is afraid if we take her to a shelter, in 3 days, she
      will be put down anyway. I called a few of the “no-kill” shelters and
      they refused to take her in.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Male neighbor cat spraying our front door area.. please help