Making your own Christmas Gift Idea

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Making your own Christmas Gift Idea

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

One of the things I do is go to garage sales and if I find plain,unpainted wooden items like boxes or baskets then I buy those for anywhere from .25 to 1.00.I then bring them home and tole paint a pretty scene on them.Then I seal them and give as gifts.I may have anywhere from 3.00 to 5.00 tied up in them but they are very much received with glee.I also buy silk flowers during clearance sales and buy wreaths at garage sales and clean them up and decorate with the clearanced flowers.Another inexpensive gift that is very well received.I will also buy yarn that I find at garage sales and make crocheted throws or sweaters,hats,etc.For neighbors,I always make homemade sweet goodies for my family so just make extras an buy cookie tins at garage sales,or on clearance the year before and put the goodies in these tins and sometimes will make gift baskets by making the goodies,adding inexpensive neat coffee cups and maybe some different teas or cocoa and usually only costs me about
      5.00 to 7.50 per basket.Just some ideas for you.
      Sandy

Kristin Keller wrote: you can also take a candle, rubber stamps, tissue paper, dye ink, and chalks or colored pencils and do the same type of thing. They turn out great and are inexpensive to make if you have some stamps already! The thing to remember is after stamping the image on the tissue paper and coloring it in, is to cut out as close to the image as possible, then using a heat tool (like a wallpaper stripper or heat embosser) and hold it over the candle where
      you want the image to go.

Apply a bit of heat, press the image onto the candle and repeat. The candle literally absorbs the image.

heat until there is a thin coat of the wax from the candle over it.
      They turn out beautiful and make nice gifts.

Kristin Keller avon isr

— on sun, 7/6/08, jbeli70618 wrote:
      Subject: Budget101.com : Making your own Christmas Gift Idea
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, July 6, 2008, 4:47 PM

Since we’ve been talking about making your own Christmas gifts, I was

searching the interenet & came across flower pressed candles.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Making your own Christmas Gift Idea