Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Jar Gift & Kitchen Mixes & Gifts from The Kitchen Make Your Own Simple Syrup Gift Bottles

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Simple syrups are made by boiling 1 cup sugar & 2 cups water until fully dissolved. Thats really all there is to it. You can make various flavors by putting ingredients in the bottom of the bottles or jars, then adding more hot syrup to it.

To Make:

Mint: add handful of crushed mint leaves to container, add hot syrup
      Cranberry- add several fresh cranberries, add hot syrup
      Vanilla, split 2 whole vanilla beans, add hot syrup

Leave the bottles uncapped for 30 minutes to cool, wipe away condensation. Attach ribbons & labels as desired for a pretty gift.

If you need more or less syrup remember that the ratio is always 1 part sugar to 2 parts water.

Image Credit: Buff Strickland

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

I love making my own simple syrups like this. They add a touch of flavor to smoothies, cured citrus fruits (candied fruits), making homemade sorbets, adding a bit of moisture to layer cakes that have been previously frozen, quickie cocktail mixers and making homemade flavored jelly beans too.

I love to make different flavors, you can really experiment using all different kinds of extracts too, about 2 tsps of any flavor extract per the recipe in the first post. By the way, Lavender simple syrup is the BEST for an amazing palette cleanser sorbet in between dishes at a dinner party.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Jar Gift & Kitchen Mixes & Gifts from The Kitchen Make Your Own Simple Syrup Gift Bottles