- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated October 25, 2014 at 7:20 pm by .
- October 24, 2014 at 10:39 am #347376
Make your own Phosphorous-Free Kidney Friendly Baking Powder
Here is a recipe for phosphorus-‐free baking powder:
• ¼ cup cream of tartar
• 2 tablespoons baking soda
• Sift together cream of tartar and baking soda using a fine strainer.
• Store in an airtight jar or Ziploc bag at room temperature until ready to use.
(1 teaspoon per serving)
Nutrition Facts Per serving: Sodium 1261 mg, Potassium 990 mg
Be careful of low sodium baking powder as it is high in potassium- which is another No-No in Kidney Friendly Diets.
- October 24, 2014 at 10:42 pm #459026
Hey Liss! You say 1 tsp per serving…how does that equate…to use an example…biscuit dough that has 2 tbs baking powder in the recipe?
- October 25, 2014 at 10:53 am #459032
- October 25, 2014 at 7:20 pm #459040
Ahh…thanks for clearing that up for me!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.