- January 12, 2009 at 11:52 pm #269337
2 eggplants (2 1/2 lb), cut in 1/2-in.- thick rounds
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 jar (26 oz) marinara sauce (about 3 cups)
1 1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1. You’ll need a broiler pan with rack and a shallow 3-qt baking dish. Heat broiler.
2. Place half the eggplant on broiler rack; evenly coat with nonstick spray then sprinkle with half the pepper. Broil 4 in. from heat 4 to 8 minutes per side until lightly browned and tender. Repeat with remaining eggplant and pepper.
3. Heat oven to 350°F.
4. Spread 1/2 cup marinara sauce in baking dish. Line with 1/2 the eggplant. Spoon on 1 1/4 cups sauce; top with 1 cup mozzarella, then remaining eggplant, sauce and mozzarella. Sprinkle with Parmesan; cover with foil.
5. Bake 45 minutes or until bubbly. Let rest 15 minutes.
Plan ahead: You can assemble through Step 4 and refrigerate up to 1 day before baking. If you bake it straight from the fridge, add about 10 minutes to baking time.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.