- January 30, 2014 at 5:13 am #337832
The Mafioso Chocolate Cake recipe is basically an Italian recipe which gained popularity across the world. This cake is generally served at a family gathering or any special occasion when the family member get together. Here we shall learn in a simple way to make the cake with these following instructions.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup boiled and hot water
- 1 cup soured cream
- 1/2 tea-spoon baking soda
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs (white part)
- 1 1/2 tea-spoons vanilla extract
- 6 Table-spoons butter, which should be softened
- 2 2/3 cups of confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- In a small sized bowl, mix 1/2 cup cocoa along with3/4 cup boiling water together and set aside.
- In a different small bowl, mix baking soda in sour cream followed by stirring all together.
- In a larger bowl, cream 1/2 cup softened butter and 2 cups white sugar. In the mixture of butter and sugar, add the sifted flour along with cocoa mixture and sour cream mixture. Beat the mixture until it gets fluffy.
- Beat the white part of the egg until it gets stiff and add 1 1/2 tea-spoons of vanilla.
- Grease a medium sized pan and pour the entire batter in to it.
Bake it at 300 degrees F that is 150 degrees C for about 50 minutes. Frost with the La Famiglia Chocolate Frosting (the recipe is given below).
for making the la famiglia chocolate frost:
- First of all cream 6 table-spoons butter or otherwise margarine in a relatively smaller bowl.
- Add 3/4 cup of cocoa along with confectioner’s sugar alternately with fresh milk followed by beating until it spread with consistency. The amount of milk may be used depending on what texture you want.
- Blend it in the vanilla. These yields about 2 cups of frosting.
Therefore, after frosting the cake is ready to serve. This cake recipe is delicious in real sense. Although the preparation is not very easy, but the effort you put is worth for your family function, where your all efforts is going to recognize.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.