Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Mac’n Cheese’n Tuna

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Mac’n Cheese’n Tuna

Dinner
      Makes 4 Servings
      INGREDIENTS:
      1 can (6 oz.) Chunk White or Chunk Light Tuna in Water
      2 green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
      1 carton (7.25 oz.) macaroni and cheese mix
      1/4 cup margarine
      1/3 cup milk

DIRECTIONS:
      Open tuna can, hold a small wire mesh strainer or colander over an empty sink, dump can of tuna into strainer, hold over sink until all of the liquid has drained. (To be sure all of the liquid has drained, gently press on tuna in strainer with the back of a spoon.) Place tuna in a bowl – separate into bite-size pieces with a fork. Toss with green onions, (if using) set aside. Bring water to boil in a large saucepan – stir in macaroni noodles, boil 7 to 9 minutes. Drain noodles thoroughly, but do not rinse. Return to saucepan, stir in margarine until barely melted. Sprinkle with cheese sauce packet, stir in milk until sauce is creamy. Gently stir in tuna mixture until evenly coated.

This sound great & easy too! Yeah!
      Jaime

This sounds really good. Another ‘oh no, not another recipe’!

jaime,
      I went thur my recipe box, I think that is all the recipes that I have for tuna. The ones that I posted are ones that get used alot. Hope these help with your stock of tuna.

You bet it helps! Tested and true are the best kinds:) My d says the tuna tacos are so in LOL
      Thanks! Jaime

My kids grew up on mac & cheese w/tuna. I also added a can of cream of mushroom soup with a little extra milk. I put crushed potato chips on top and baked at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 mins. Was very tasty with a tossed salad and hot bread.

@Janice Terrell 94252 wrote:

My kids grew up on mac & cheese w/tuna. I also added a can of cream of mushroom soup with a little extra milk. I put crushed potato chips on top and baked at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 mins. Was very tasty with a tossed salad and hot bread.

This sounds Yummy, cream of mushroom in anything is great.

Thanks jkpjohnson. Let me know how you like it. Sometimes I added a can of drained green peas for color. Boys would start out picking them out but would give up and eat them anyway because they were hungry! (always hungry) You could probably use corn or green beans etc. A way to get veggies in them.

The mushroom soup and peas are a really a good add on to this one. Janice, you are so right with this. I just put a basic recipe here.

The soup and peas are the standard in my house. We had it last night, actually. Great post, I’ll have to try it with the onions

Shannon

The onions really sound good also. Thanks for the tips.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Mac’n Cheese’n Tuna