- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated November 1, 2008 at 9:37 pm by .
- November 1, 2008 at 9:37 pm #265651rtebalt
Macaroon Kiss Cookies
• 1/3 cup butter, softened
• 1 (3 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1 egg yolk
• 2 tsp almond extract
• 2 tsp orange juice
• 1¼ cups all purpose flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 5 cups Mounds sweetened coconut flakes, divided
• 48 Hershey’s Kisses
Beat butter, cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add egg yolk, almond extract and orange; beat well. Stir together flour, balking powder and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in 3 cups coconut. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to handle. Remove wrapper from Hershey’s Kisses. Heat oven to 350º. Shape dough into 1″ balls; roll balls in remaining 2 cups coconut. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 – 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; immediate press a Hershey’s Kiss on top of each cookie. Cool 1 minute; carefully remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.