Budget101 Discussion List Archives Frugal Savings Lowering the Electric Bill

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Yes and No. He is very much correct that if a lamp doesn’t have a light or a
      clock on it that it doesn’t take any electricity. BUT, a TV which you turn off
      and on via remote is litterally always ON! It is just waiting for the command
      from your remote to start showing the signal it receives on the screen. So even
      if you use the remote to turn your TV of it is still drawing power. If you want
      to see a difference in the electric bill, unplug your TV when you aren’t using
      it.

I agree that he is also very correct about the VCR, DVD player, Microwave, etc.
      If it has a clock or ANY kind of light then it is using power all the time. And
      if you unplug these items when you aren’t using them then you will save money.
      I know that they use “not much” but a little here and a little there adds up.
      Remember, “penny wise, pound foolish” and “a penny saved is a penny earned”?
      It’s true, if we watch these little bits then the savings will add up. And it
      adds up to a lot over a year.

The article I posted about earlier…. I found what issue it is in. It was in
      Backwoods Home Magazine Issue 78, I am in the process of trying to get
      permission to put it here.

Emily Y.
      Date: Sat Feb 1, 2003 3:26 pm
      Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Electric bill

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Frugal Savings Lowering the Electric Bill