Budget101 Discussion List Archives Frugal Savings Lowering the Electric Bill

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Some of them do. Treadmill, battery recharger and some lamps all do. Any item
      you have that just needs a remote to turn on is even worse. Your television,
      vcr, dvd player are REALLY bad. I was looking, one of the magazines I regularly
      read (mother earth news, backwoods home or backhome magazine) just had a GREAT
      article on this in the last few months, but I can’t find the issue on it.

Even if you just unplug your microwave whenever you’re done with it that is
      another bit of savings. It has a digital clock and those suck up the
      electricity.

You can save tons of money by putting all your entertainment center on a surge
      protector with an on off switch. Instead of turning each item off with the
      remote and walking away or going to bed…. Turn them all off then turn off the
      surge protector. It saved almost 20.00 per month doing this for the person in
      the article!!!

$20.00 per month is $240.00 per year, and this is just for that portion of the
      article. They also replaced all the bulbs in the house with Flouresent, and
      replaced their old appliances with new ones. All total they save TONS of money
      even with the outlay on the new appliances.

If I can find that magazine I will see if it’s online and send in the link. It
      was really informative and eye opening.

Emily Y.
      Date: Fri Jan 31, 2003 3:17 pm
      Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Electric bill

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Frugal Savings Lowering the Electric Bill