- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated May 20, 2009 at 12:34 am by .
- May 19, 2009 at 11:15 pm #273493rtebalt
Love Soup Mix In A Jar Recipe
(Friendship Soup Mix in a Jar)
Decorate the jar with a fabric lid and/or a bow tied around the neck.
Be sure to attach the cooking instructions to the jar.
1/3 cup beef or chicken bouillon granules
1/4 cup dehydrated onion flakes
1/2 cup split peas
1/2 cup alphabet pasta (any small pasta is fine)
1/4 cup barley
1/2 cup lentils
1/3 cup non-instant white rice tricolor spiral pasta
1. Use a canning funnel or any funnel that has about a 2″ neck. Be sure to use a wide-mouth, 1-quart canning jar.
2. Layer ingredients in the order given above and add enough tricolor spiral pasta to fill the jar.
3. Attach a tag with cooking instructions:
In large kettle, brown 1 pound ground beef, (stew beef or chicken) which has been cut into bite-size pieces, in a little olive or vegetable oil. Remove the tricolor pasta from the jar and put aside. Add the rest of the jar contents to the pot with 12 cups water. Bring the soup to a boil and simmer 45 minutes. Add the tricolor pasta and simmer 15 minutes more. Serve with your favorite bread or rolls and a tossed salad. (Makes 8 servings.)
- May 20, 2009 at 12:22 am #421681mcnerd
I am assuming the last ingredient line should be 2 lines with an unspecified amount of spiral pasta used to fill the jar:
1/3 cup non-instant white rice
tricolor spiral pasta
- May 20, 2009 at 12:34 am #421684rtebalt
Thanks! Didn’t catch that 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.