- This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated June 30, 2014 at 1:50 pm by .
- March 2, 2014 at 4:55 am #339462
5 slices bacon, diced
1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
3/4 cup ketchup
1 1/2 pkgs. bite-sized smoked sausage, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
hot cooked rice
3 tablespoon green pepper sauce
Fry bacon in a large, heavy saucepan over medium
heat until crisp and brown, about 5 minutes.
Add onion and green pepper and cook until tender,
about 5 minutes. Stir in pineapple juice, ketchup,
and brand green pepper sauce, mixing well.
add smoked sausage to sauce; bring to boil; reduce
heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve over rice, if desired.
- March 2, 2014 at 5:54 pm #451866
I like the idea of the pineapple juice. Looks good!
- March 2, 2014 at 9:55 pm #451892
Thank you it really is good my boys love it!!!!!
- March 3, 2014 at 10:55 pm #451938
This gives me an idea for Creole meatballs served over rice (of course!) or as an appetizer. I’ll get back to ya when I have it worked out
- March 4, 2014 at 6:52 am #451967
Cool let me know how it turns out …….
- March 4, 2014 at 10:40 pm #452009
I have a potluck to go to and I’m thinking that I may experiment with this for the event. If it works, I’ll post the recipe. It’s with a gathering of friends that I try new recipes out on
We’ve been friends for a long time so if it doesn’t work, they are totally honest! lol! i’m leaning towards slightly spicy (creole tradition) sweet and sour.
i’ll be bringing it as an appetizer with tooth picks, but i really think that it would be excellent served over rice with the rich sauce;-d how does that sound?
- March 4, 2014 at 11:24 pm #452014
MMMMM you have my mouth watering let me know how it goes!!!! Good luck hun !!!!!!!!!
- March 5, 2014 at 11:55 pm #452048
I’m thinking that I’ll make a double batch so that if it is received well at the potluck, I just may add it to the menu next week, over rice of course. I can always use the meatballs for something else
- March 6, 2014 at 2:35 pm #452055
My husband would really love this!
- March 6, 2014 at 10:48 pm #452067
Thank you so much I am glad you enjoyed it…
- June 30, 2014 at 1:50 pm #455249
That sounds wonderful. We will be trying this soon also.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.