- This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated April 12, 2008 at 2:18 am by .
- April 12, 2008 at 2:18 am #257283
Here’s a vegetarian alphabet soup I made that was delicous!
2 tsp. Olive Oil
1 sm. onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped/minced
1 qt. tomato juice (low sodium)
1 sm. potato, cut into chunks
1 carrot, cut into chunks
1 celery stalk, sliced (incl. top)
2 tsp Italian Herbs
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup alphabet pasta or other small pasta (shells, etc.)
1 cup finely chopped greens (spinach, kale, collard)
1 15-oz can kidney beans, including liquid
1. Heat oil in a large pot. Add onion & garlic.
Cook over med-high
heat until onion is soft, about 5 mins.
2. Add tomato juice through pepper. Cover and simmer until tender,
about 20 mins.
3. Add pasta through beans in liquid. Simmer until greens & pasta
are tender, about 15 mins.
note: you may add extra tomato juice or water if thinner soup is
“we cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.”
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.