Loa Saturated Fat Diet

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      mdowdy

ok since I have found out I have occipital neuralgia there is a diet that has helped with other kinds but hasnt been tested on this type. So I thought since it works for other types I would try it. But I am findiing out its not that easy to do.

It is a low saturated fat diet (allowed 10 grams a day). This is proving not to be so easy……does anyone know what I can eat or good recipes for low to no saturated fat?

wilbe95

Quick Ways to Reduce Saturated Fat in Our Diet
      •Substitute low-fat or fat-free versions of milk and dairy products for their full-fat counterparts
      •Eat red meat only occasionally, choose lean cuts, and eat smaller portions of it
      •Always remove the skin from poultry after cooking
      •Eat fish at least twice a week
      •Go meatless at least once a week
      •Use liquid vegetable oils, such as canola or olive oil, over solid fats such as butter
      •Flavor foods with herbs and spices instead of fat-laden toppings and sauces
      •Increase intake of whole grains, fruits and vegetables

In general, the main sources of saturated fat are from animal products: red meat and whole-milk dairy products, including cheese, sour cream, ice cream and butter. But there are also plant-based sources of saturated fat, principally coconut oil and coconut milk, palm kernel oil, cocoa butter, and palm oil. And while you probably don’t go to the store and buy these—with the exception of coconut milk—these plant-based saturated fats crop up in a number of commercially prepared products.

Cocoa butter is in chocolate. Coconut oil and palm oils are in anything from non-dairy whipped toppings and coffee creamers, to cookies and cakes.

Hope this helps you some 🙂

FreebieQueen

@mdowdy 134697 wrote:

ok since I have found out I have occipital neuralgia there is a diet that has helped with other kinds but hasnt been tested on this type. So I thought since it works for other types I would try it. But I am findiing out its not that easy to do. It is a low saturated fat diet (allowed 10 grams a day). This is proving not to be so easy……does anyone know what I can eat or good recipes for low to no saturated fat?

Here’s one that I just posted the other day:

https://www.budget101.com/entry.php/1207-dirt-cheap-healthy-dinner-idea.html

I’ll try to post a few more in the next few days, I’m a bit behind schedule (what else is new).

Try to stick with freshly prepared veggies, raw, grilled or baked. Chicken or Ground turkey (although this can have a higher fat content- so watch your pkg labels). Wild game is considerably lower in fat, as a matter of fact, Venison is the perfect meat if you have access to it.

Hugs,

mdowdy

Thanks guys this helps a lot. Just looking at the packages was getting quite discouraging. I love venison wouldnt have even thought about it being low in fat.

I have a jar in the pantry I got for Christmas from a family friend. And Im making notes on the other stuff for the next time I go to the grocery store. My problem is I live in the south and I do cook southern a lot of butter and fatback seasonings etc.

Guess I will just have to look at what types Im buying uggggg there goes my country crock lol

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.