- November 21, 2008 at 10:22 am #266926FreebieQueenModerator
Here are a list of known store closings for the end of this year.
How does this effect you? Well, if you purchase a gift card from any closing store and that store goes through bankruptcy, your money is lost and their is no law forcing them to honor the card, or return your money.
As a matter of fact, the law Protects them from having to refund your money.
- Pacific Sunwear (also owned by Talbots) – all stores closing/closed
- GAP closing 85 stores
- FootLocker closed 207 stores, expected to close more to close after January
- Wickes Furniture closing down
- Levitz filed chapter 11 (for the 3rd time in 10 years!)
- Bombay filed chapter 11 and is closing all remaining stores
- Zales closed 105 stores in 08′
- Whitehall Jewelers filed chapter 11, liquidating and closing all stores
- Piercing Pagoda closing all stores
- Disney closed 98 stores
- Home Depot closing 15 stores 1 in NJ ( New Brunswick )
- Macys to close 9 stores after January
- Linens and Things closing all stores
- Movie Galley Closing all stores
- Pep Boys Closing 33 stores
- Sprint/Nextel closing 133 stores
- JC Penney closing a number of stores after January
- Ethan Allen closing down 12 stores.
- Wilson Leather closing down all stores
- Sharper Image closing down all stores
- Dillard’s closed 20 outlets and closing more in 09
For additional details of various closings, View the Bottom Part of Snopes Page:
- November 24, 2008 at 11:35 pm #404497
This is pretty scarey!!! OMG!!!
- November 25, 2008 at 3:37 am #404503
It’s not a good thing, that’s for sure.
- November 25, 2008 at 1:33 pm #404563
I got this same email last week. Do some research on Snopes.com. Most of the information about these closings are from last year or older.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.