- September 7, 2009 at 1:23 am #275946
Yield 64 cookies
1 stick (1⁄2 cup) butter, softened
1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
Yolk from 1 large egg
21⁄2 tsp freshly grated lime peel
11⁄2 Tbsp lime juice
1 cup all-purpose flour
1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tsp each lime juice and water
Green and/or yellow liquid food color
1. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with mixer on mediumspeeduntil fluffy. Beat in yolk, lime peel and juice. On low speed, beat in flour and cornmeal.
2. On a lightly floured surface with lightly floured hands, roll dough into an 8-in.-long log. Wrap and freeze 1 hour or until firm enough to slice neatly.
3. Heat oven to 350°F. Cut log in 1⁄4-in.-thick slices. Cut each slice in half. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased cookie sheet(s).
4. Bake 12 minutes or until edges of cookies begin to brown lightly. Cool on sheet 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
5. Icing: Whisk sugar, juice and water in bowl until smooth. Whisk in a tiny amount (less than 1 drop) food color until lightly tinted. Scrape into a small ziptop plastic bag, snip tip off 1 corner and drizzle icing over cookies. Let dry.
Planning Tip: Store in airtight container with wax paper between layers at room temperature up to 1 week or freeze up to 2 months.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.