- This topic has 21 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated March 2, 2014 at 9:24 pm by .
- June 4, 2009 at 9:48 pm #273914mos
Like Grandma’s Chicken ‘n’ Dumplings:005:
2 cups cooked chicken
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
2 soup cans water
4 tsp all-purpose flour
2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
DirectionsMix all ingredients, except biscuits, in 4 1/2-quart slow cooker. Cut biscuits into quarters and gently stir into mixture. Cover.
Cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours.
- September 17, 2009 at 3:32 pm #425040darktragedy
This is an excellent recipe. I added another can of water and another can of biscuits to feed 4. My husband went nutso over this one!Great job Mos!
Thank you so much!!!
- September 17, 2009 at 3:49 pm #425041rtebalt
Oh, I can’t wait to try this! I’ve never made chicken & dumplings & my hubbie loves it, so I can’t wait to surprise him with this recipe! Thanks so much!!!
- September 17, 2009 at 4:02 pm #425042rtebaltCouple of questions:
1.) Did you use cooked, cubed chicken?
2.) Did you just lay the biscuits on top of the mixture, or did you actually mix it into the mixture?
- September 17, 2009 at 5:36 pm #425043darktragedy
I have some chicken thigh filets that I were marked down at Walmart, like 2 lbs maybe, it wasn’t a real large package.
I boiled them with some Greek seasoning salt, then just ‘tore them up’ with my fork and put it in.I just laid the biscuits on top, and stirred the juices over them every once in awhile.
*Don’t over cook this-only needs to go for about 4 hours or so-I cooked mine longer because I decided to add more biscuits after it had been cooking for about 3 hours-it was still good-but it was better at the 4 hour mark!
- September 20, 2009 at 7:04 pm #425107mos
hurray! I’m so glad that your dh went nutso darktragedy! lol!seriously, i’m glad that your family liked it;-) i love success stories!
and rtebalt…where’ve you been? i posted this back in june! lol!
it’s two cups cooked chicken — cubed, diced, shredded, whatever — and you gently stir the quarted biscuits into the mixture.
the cooking time is just an approximate as some of the older crockpots can get too hot (or not hot enough). so you should always check the meal at the shortest time.
- November 6, 2009 at 4:29 am #426063mrsbookieThis sounds soo good. Defiantly gonna try it soon!
- November 6, 2009 at 5:23 pm #426075Gatorgrlntn
going to try this one , i make the old timey home made and this sounds so much easier !!!!!!
- November 7, 2009 at 5:13 pm #426111mos
trust me…no one will know the difference! you can still tell them that you ‘labored’ in the kitchen — I won’t tell! LOL!
- December 5, 2009 at 12:23 am #426617porboy298Made this for my grand kids and myself and everybody ate it up. Thanks for the recipe.
- December 5, 2009 at 6:18 pm #426627mos
yay! I love succuss stories! very glad that ya’ll enjoyed it;-)
- May 8, 2012 at 1:43 am #431884CrazyMomof7
This sounds so easy, and very yummy. I will have to give it a try tomorrow. Thanks
- February 14, 2014 at 5:30 am #450916blynnmessMy picky hubby will even love this!!! Thank you so much!!!!
- February 14, 2014 at 5:13 pm #450941Wlynnda
Can hardly wait to try for Sunday dinner.
- February 14, 2014 at 9:17 pm #450953mos
Good choice for a Sunday dinner. My mother would make this occasionally for Sunday dinner. It is my favorite meal — while pregnant with me, it was just about the only thing that she wanted to eatShe always made it for my birthday!
Originally, she made the dumplings from scratch and then the refrigerated biscuit came on the scene (I’m dating myself) and she switched to those. Over the years she switched to using short cuts with the canned soups. I just adapted her recipe for the crockpot and whenever I make it…it brings back fond memories…
- March 1, 2014 at 4:00 pm #451807blynnmess
Picky hubby even loves this!!! Thank you so much for posting!!!
- March 1, 2014 at 5:35 pm #451812mosThat’s terrific that you got that picky husband to try it and enjoy it
- March 1, 2014 at 8:53 pm #451818misty57
my husband loved this and it is easy and tasty that I love it too.
- March 2, 2014 at 12:07 am #451824mos
Woo Hoo! Ya’ll are just making my day that this recipe has been successful for you! Most of you know that I love to cook and develop new (or adapt old) recipes that I can share — I don’t share anything that doesn’t turn out wellMaybe one day I’ll share what not to do — maybe liss can start a new forum…failures! lol! i do have them, but fortunately if they turn out too bad, the dog will still eat them
- March 2, 2014 at 4:38 am #451834Tbrunke
For sure gonna try this my middle son loves Chicken and Dumpling so I have to try it Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!
- March 2, 2014 at 5:47 pm #451860mos
Your son has good taste My favorite meal is chicken and dumplings;-D
- March 2, 2014 at 8:05 pm #451880VampixenThanks For the recipe..I was looking for a easy Chicken and Dumpling Recipe..Now I have Found it..Thanks so Much
- March 2, 2014 at 9:24 pm #451897mos
Enjoy, my friend…as I’ve said in previous posts, no one will know the short cuts that you took and all will think that you labored in the kitchen to produce this mealand you know that I’ll never tell! LOL!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.