Like Grandma’s Chicken ‘n’ Dumplings

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Like Grandma’s Chicken ‘n’ Dumplings

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      mos

Like Grandma’s Chicken ‘n’ Dumplings:005:
      2 cups cooked chicken
      1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
      1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
      2 soup cans water
      4 tsp all-purpose flour
      2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
      1/2 tsp black pepper
      1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)

Directions

Mix all ingredients, except biscuits, in 4 1/2-quart slow cooker. Cut biscuits into quarters and gently stir into mixture. Cover.

Cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours.

darktragedy

This is an excellent recipe. I added another can of water and another can of biscuits to feed 4. My husband went nutso over this one!

Great job Mos!

Thank you so much!!!

rtebalt

Oh, I can’t wait to try this! I’ve never made chicken & dumplings & my hubbie loves it, so I can’t wait to surprise him with this recipe! Thanks so much!!!

rtebalt

Couple of questions:
      1.) Did you use cooked, cubed chicken?
      2.) Did you just lay the biscuits on top of the mixture, or did you actually mix it into the mixture?

darktragedy

I have some chicken thigh filets that I were marked down at Walmart, like 2 lbs maybe, it wasn’t a real large package.

I boiled them with some Greek seasoning salt, then just ‘tore them up’ with my fork and put it in.

I just laid the biscuits on top, and stirred the juices over them every once in awhile.

*Don’t over cook this-only needs to go for about 4 hours or so-I cooked mine longer because I decided to add more biscuits after it had been cooking for about 3 hours-it was still good-but it was better at the 4 hour mark!

mos

hurray! I’m so glad that your dh went nutso darktragedy! lol!

seriously, i’m glad that your family liked it;-) i love success stories!

and rtebalt…where’ve you been? i posted this back in june! lol!
      it’s two cups cooked chicken — cubed, diced, shredded, whatever — and you gently stir the quarted biscuits into the mixture.

the cooking time is just an approximate as some of the older crockpots can get too hot (or not hot enough). so you should always check the meal at the shortest time.

mrsbookie

This sounds soo good. Defiantly gonna try it soon!

Gatorgrlntn

going to try this one , i make the old timey home made and this sounds so much easier !!!!!!

mos

trust me…no one will know the difference! you can still tell them that you ‘labored’ in the kitchen — I won’t tell! LOL!

porboy298

Made this for my grand kids and myself and everybody ate it up. Thanks for the recipe.

mos

yay! I love succuss stories! very glad that ya’ll enjoyed it;-)

CrazyMomof7

This sounds so easy, and very yummy. I will have to give it a try tomorrow. Thanks

blynnmess

worthy  smilie My picky hubby will even love this!!! Thank you so much!!!!

Wlynnda

Can hardly wait to try for Sunday dinner.

mos

Good choice for a Sunday dinner. My mother would make this occasionally for Sunday dinner. It is my favorite meal — while pregnant with me, it was just about the only thing that she wanted to eatgiggle smiley

She always made it for my birthday!

Originally, she made the dumplings from scratch and then the refrigerated biscuit came on the scene (I’m dating myself) and she switched to those. Over the years she switched to using short cuts with the canned soups. I just adapted her recipe for the crockpot and whenever I make it…it brings back fond memories…

blynnmess

eat-1  smilie Picky hubby even loves this!!! Thank you so much for posting!!! worthy  smilie

mos

That’s terrific that you got that picky husband to try it and enjoy itgiggle smiley

misty57

my husband loved this and it is easy and tasty that I love it too.

mos

Woo Hoo! Ya’ll are just making my day that this recipe has been successful for you! Most of you know that I love to cook and develop new (or adapt old) recipes that I can share — I don’t share anything that doesn’t turn out wellgiggle smiley

Maybe one day I’ll share what not to do — maybe liss can start a new forum…failures! lol! i do have them, but fortunately if they turn out too bad, the dog will still eat themgiggle smiley

Tbrunke

For sure gonna try this my middle son loves Chicken and Dumpling so I have to try it Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!

mos

Your son has good tastegiggle smiley My favorite meal is chicken and dumplings;-D

Vampixen

Thanks For the recipe..I was looking for a easy Chicken and Dumpling Recipe..Now I have Found it..Thanks so Much

mos

Enjoy, my friend…as I’ve said in previous posts, no one will know the short cuts that you took and all will think that you labored in the kitchen to produce this mealgiggle smileyand you know that I’ll never tell! LOL!

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Like Grandma’s Chicken ‘n’ Dumplings