Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dirt Cheap Dinners Lentil Chili Dinner

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Lentil Chili with Sour Cream*
      Pita Wedges

*Lentil Chili with Sour Cream
      Bring 2 cups water, 1 cup lentils and a 1 1/4-oz pkg Sloppy Joe mix to a boil. Cover; simmer 18 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Stir in 15-oz can tomato sauce; simmer 5 minutes more.

@mos 1557 wrote:

Lentil Chili with Sour Cream*

Pita Wedges

*Lentil Chili with Sour Cream
      Bring 2 cups water, 1 cup lentils and a 1 1/4-oz pkg Sloppy Joe mix to a boil. Cover; simmer 18 minutes, or until lentils are tender. Stir in 15-oz can tomato sauce; simmer 5 minutes more.

i can’t wait to try your recipe mos! that’s a really simple recipe, much less work than mine.

we usually make a crockpot full,

8 cups veggie broth
      1 medium yellow onion, diced
      1 large red bell pepper, diced
      5 cloves garlic,minced garlic
      1 Tbs chili powder
      1 (16-ounce) package brown lentils (about 2 1/4 cups lentils- rinsed and picked over)
      2 (15-ounce) cans diced fire Roasted tomatoes
      2 tbs chopped fresh cilantro

Combine all the ingredients in the crockpot and let it simmer all day for a delicious hearty chili at night. I prefer to sauté the veggies and garlic together to get a caramelized texture, then transfer then to the slow cooker with the remaining ingredients.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Participant

Vanessa004…your recipe sounds fabulous! My recipe is a good weeknight dinner when you realized that you hadn’t planned anything…good thing lentils don’t take long! LOL
      Let us know how your family likes it!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dirt Cheap Dinners Lentil Chili Dinner