Lemony Sweet Potatoes ~ Mandarin-Sweet Potato Salad

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Vegetarian Left Over Layering Lemony Sweet Potatoes ~ Mandarin-Sweet Potato Salad

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      mos

Lemony Sweet Potatoes
      Cook cubed, peeled sweet potatoes (cook two extra and reserve for later use) in water to cover 8 to 10 minutes until tender. Drain, remove 2 cups and store in refrigerator. Stir in 1 Tbsp each butter and lemon juice, and 1 tsp grated lemon zest.

Mandarin-Sweet Potato Salad
      Mix one small can of drained Mandarin oranges with reserved 2 cups sweet potato. Serve on a bed of greens and top with balsamic vinaigrette.

BellyJean

This sounds like a wonderful light lunch idea! I like sweet potatoes when they’re cold, so this will be great to bring to work, thanks!

mos

It really is a great light, but filling lunch. Let me know how you like it;-D Many people balk at the idea of sweet potatoes being cold, but when I convince them to try it…well, you know…it’s a WOW! giggle smiley

MrsPaws

I’ve never tried sweet potatoes cold, but I’m looking forward to trying the Mandarin-Sweet Potato Salad. Thanks for sharing!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Vegetarian Left Over Layering Lemony Sweet Potatoes ~ Mandarin-Sweet Potato Salad