- This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated November 11, 2012 at 1:28 am by .
- July 28, 2012 at 2:00 am #308071
Makes 2 loaves
4 cups AP flour
1 1/2 cups sugar-I used Splenda
1 pkg (3.4 oz) instant lemon pudding mix-I used a sugar free variety
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup milk
1 cup vegetable-I used canola
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon extract
2 cups shredded/grated zucchini
1/4 cups poppy seeds *optional*
2 tsp grated lemon peel
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
2. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oil, lemon juice, and extract.
Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, poppy seeds, and lemon peel.
4. Pour into two greased 9 x 5 x 3 in loaf pans.
Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
6. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire cooling racks to cool completely.
If looking to dress this up a bit more, make a glaze of powdered sugar, lemon juice, and water to drizzle over top. Let cool before slicing.
- November 11, 2012 at 1:28 am #434681
I have made a chocolate zucchini bread, but I have never tried a lemon one. I may have to try this tomorrow.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.