- February 24, 2009 at 1:29 am #270951
Active Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
1⁄4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
1⁄4 tsp salt
1 stick (1⁄2 cup) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 large egg yolk mixed with
1 Tbsp water
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
5 large egg yolks
2 tsp grated lemon zest
1⁄2 cup lemon juice
Decoration: 12 strawberries, hulled and halved
1. Tart Shell: In food processor, combine flour, sugar, rosemary and salt; pulse until rosemary is finely chopped. Add butter; pulse until coarse crumbs form.
Pour yolk mixture over crumbs; process until dough forms a ball. Press onto bottom and sides of a 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom.
Place in freezer 15 minutes.
2. Heat oven to 375°F. Line tart shell with nonstick foil, covering edge.
Top foil with dried beans or pie weights. Bake 20 minutes. Remove tart from oven; remove foil and beans.
Tear the same foil into strips and cover edge of tart shell; return to oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until bottom of tart is lightly golden brown. Cool on wire rack (leave foil on tart shell edge). Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
Lemon Filling: Whisk together filling ingredients in medium bowl until blended; pour into tart shell. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes, or until filling is set.
Let cool completely on rack. Refrigerate several hours until chilled.
4. To serve, remove tart from pan and place on serving plate.
Arrange strawberry halves cut side down around edge of tart.
Per serving: 400 cal, 8 g pro, 50 g car, 1 g fiber, 20 g fat (11 g sat fat), 205 mg chol, 144 mg sod
- February 24, 2009 at 1:39 am #415820
You have hit a really weak spot of mine with these lemon recipes this evening.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.