- August 26, 2009 at 12:26 am #275572
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 1 hour 20 min
Makes: 12 cupcakes
1 box (15 oz) Betty Crocker® Gluten Free yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
2/3 cup water
3 eggs, beaten
2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 12 regular-size muffin cups.
In large bowl, stir cake mix, water, 1/2 cup melted butter, the eggs and lemon peel just until dry ingredients are moistened. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
3. Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
4. In medium bowl, beat powdered sugar, 1/4 cup butter and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice with electric mixer on low speed until mixed.
Add remaining lemon juice, 1 teaspoon at a time, until creamy and smooth. Beat in 1 teaspoon peel. Frost cupcakes with frosting.
Grate only the bright yellow portion of the lemon peel for best flavor. The “pith,” or white part of the skin, is bitter.
1 Cupcake: Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 120); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 290mg; Total Carbohydrate 51g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 34g); Protein 2g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0% Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 3 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 3 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.