Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Leftover Recipe: Mash Potato Cake

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster
      It was good, it’s just as good the second day, still think it would be best used with fresh fruit as it’s a pound cake type of texture. Needs more nuts. lol
      ~Tee

Original Message —-
      Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 6:32:05 pm
      subject: re: budget101.com : Leftover Recipe: Mash Potato Cake

>>I just made this and it was really, really good. My boys love it, and

it’s given me some great ideas, like maybe adding some raisins, or cutting

out the coco and using just the cinnamon. << mmm.. that sounds yummy! let me know how it comes out! i remember when i was a kid i came across this recipe for bacon fat cookies. they were made with the leftover grease from bacon and were a gingersnap type cookie. seems like we always had a can of bacon grease in the fridge, lol. >while it was baking a friend from another group and i got to talking about

it and she asked me to post it if i liked it.< that’s great, tried-n-true recipes are always worth sharing 🙂 i>> my boys are eating good, leftover raspberry parfait’s, and now mashed

potato cake. << lol, i know what you mean there, it seems like whenever i tighten the belt, i really cook yummy stuff, lol. i love making parfaits too. i use the myo cool whip recipe on the site and layer puddings, sliced berries or fruit of some sort, and (almost) cool whip. then put them in the fridge until after dinner. the other night i made a gingerbread and made peach shortcake on gingerbread. the kids had their buddies over and they seemed to really enjoy that. dh wanted to know what made me think i could put peaches and ginger together, lol, but it was yummy. (very very rich, but soooo good). g’night, liss

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Leftover Recipe: Mash Potato Cake