Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Leftover Recipe: Mash Potato Cake

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster
      I just made this and it was really, really good. My boys love it, and it’s given me some great ideas, like maybe adding some raisins, or cutting out the coco and using just the cinnamon. Who knows, I just know I’m gonna have fun for awhile with this one.

lol While it was baking a friend from another group and I got to talking about it and she asked me to post it if I liked it. I did but I gave you full credit. I should have asked first, but didn’t think of it until after it was already done.

(sorry) I am enjoying the cake though! lol My boys are eating good, leftover raspberry parfait’s, and now mashed potato cake. Tomorrow I’m making creamed chicken over biscuits for dinner if hubby leaves
      enough from the roasted chicken from tonight, and maybe some potato bread.

(Still have lots of mashed potatoes left! lol) i’m really enjoying this group. it’s the first one i’ve joined for budget’s and frugal living that i can actually do the things mentioned.

i’m not afraid of cooking, so the recipes have all been great, and i’ve gotten lots of ideas on cutting down my budget. i already keep the light’s off during the day and keep the windows open for light. i also wash in cold water only now and i would kill for an outdoor line to dry clothes on.

we aren’t allowed to put one on the property (we rent a lot for our trailer). anyway, i’m having fun here, and learning quite a bit too. 🙂 ya’ll be sweet.
      ~tee

original message
      —-
      Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 1:23:00 PM
      Subject: Budget101.com : Leftover Recipe: Mash Potato Cake

Mash Potato Cake

4 eggs
      1 scant cup of butter
      2 cups sugar
      1 cup mashed potatoes
      1/2 cup milk
      1/2 cup cocoa
      1 cup chopped nuts
      1 tablespoon cinnamon
      1 teaspoon nutmeg
      1 teaspoon cloves
      2 teaspoons baking powder
      1 teaspoon vanilla
      2 1/2 cups flour

Mix together eggs, butter, sugar until creamy. Add the mashed potatoes, blend well. Sift the flour once add the baking powder sift again, then add the cocoa, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, to the flour, add alternately the flour mixture and milk to the first 4 ingredients.

Mix well add the vanilla and the nuts stir until all are blended. Pour into either loaf or cake pans that have been greased. Bake in a moderately hot oven at 350/o for 35 to 45 minutes, or until when checked with tooth pick comes out clean, or when press with finger on top of cake and it springs back.

~enjoy !~

liss

listmom & creator/designer of http://www.Budget101. com

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Leftover Recipe: Mash Potato Cake