- October 13, 2008 at 8:09 pm #264562
Again, this is a great recipe for all that “leftover” Halloween chocolate that you have. Or, if you’re like me & you’ve already eaten any leftover candy, you can go out after Halloween when all the candy is 75% off & then make these! 🙂
Chocolate Bar Surprise Cookies
Any combination chopped hershey’s and reese’s candy bars to make 2 cups
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped nuts(optional)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Remove wrappers from candies.
Cut each candy into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
2. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy.
Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in candy pieces and nuts, if desired.
Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Cool completely. About 5 dozen cookies.
- October 14, 2008 at 11:39 am #400493
LOL” You had me on your title…”leftover candy” okay who has leftover candy? Not at my house anyhow :candy: I see though you did suggest buying candy after the holiday when it is on sale, maybe I can make some of that stick around long enough to try this recipe.
Thanks for a great recipe!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.