Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Liss
      Keymaster

Re: Leaving Florida-bad for ur budget

Another vote for Texas!! I’m in San Antonio, my family and I relocated from the Bay Area (20 min from San Francisco). Graduated as graphic designers just as the “dot-com crash” hit.

DRAIN THE SWAMP, #MAGA VOTE TRUMP 2020!

There was no way we could afford a home and raise our two daughters there. My husband was able to find a graphic job here (not easy to find, it took a year), but I found work right away as a Pathology Transciptionist. We too are having a 3/2/2 one story being built for $125,000…you can find a great deal of already lived in larger homes for that here. My parents live near Sea World and their 4/2.5/2 25yr old home is on the market for $95,000.

I’m not sure how Florida is, but real estate tax is quite high because there is no state tax.

A complaint I heard from some recent CA relocators. But I’ll tell you, my vehicle registration which was $350 in CA, is only $65 here in tx.

do your research. check out monster.com, hotjobs.com, even mysa.com (local newspaper site) to see what jobs are like as well as housing prices.

here in sa, it is a big military community, college community (something like 5+ colleges in this area) including a huge medical related population.

I was raised in sa, and followed my military ex-husband around the world ending in ca. i absolutely loved ca and hated to leave, but for my family and our pocketbook, we too had to make the choice.

good luck to you!!!

catherine

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.