- This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated November 16, 2008 at 2:24 am by .
- November 15, 2008 at 12:07 pm #266685
Fall into favor with guests and family when you serve these melt-in-your-mouth sugar cookies.
Prep Time: 55 min
Total Time: 1 hour 35 min
Makes: 4 dozen cookies
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Yellow food color
Red food color
Green food color
1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Stir together sugar, butter and shortening in large bowl. Stir in vanilla and eggs.
Stir in flour, baking soda and salt.
2. Divide dough into 3 equal parts. Stir 8 drops yellow food color into 1 part dough to make yellow dough. Stir 8 drops yellow and 3 drops red food color into another part dough to make orange dough.
Stir 10 drops red, 8 drops green and 3 drops yellow food color into remaining dough to make brown dough.
3. Drop small portions of each of the 3 colors of dough close together in random pattern onto lightly floured cloth-covered surface. Roll doughs together into marbled pattern to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with 2 1/2- to 3-inch leaf-shaped cookie cutter.
Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 6 to 7 minutes or until no indentation remains when touched in center. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- November 16, 2008 at 2:24 am #403689
I’ll have to try this recipe
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.