- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated September 2, 2016 at 12:50 pm by .
- September 2, 2016 at 12:50 pm #325656Dorisking3
When I was a kid my mother made these lazy lady cookie bars all the time. There are a ton of different flavor variations, use different kinds of baking chips (butterscotch, peppermint, espresso chips, etc) and different flavors of cake mixes too. Here’s the original to start with, and quite frankly, it’s still my favorite.
Lazy (or BUSY!) Lady’s Chocolate Chip Bars
– these are so incredibly simple and delicious.1 stick of butter, Melted (btw, 1 stick of butter is 8 Tbs or 1/2 Cup)
1 yellow cake mix
1 12oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
This is so difficult, seriously…
- Melt the butter- combine eggs, cake mix and melted butter in a bowl, mix.
- add chocolate chips, stir. Press into a baking pan of your choice.
- Bake at 350– 9×13 for 20 min, smaller pans 25-28 min.
1 If you want Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie bars– use a chocolate cake.
2 If you want strawberry chocolate chip bars, use a strawberry cake mix.
3 If you want spice-raisin-chocolate chip bars, use a spice cake mix(see the pattern here folks?)
If you want to make caramel filled bars, use a 9″x9″ baking dish, spread half of the cookie dough in the bottom, top with unwrapped caramels or thick homemade caramel, then spread the remaining cookie dough over the top. (Use spoonfuls and connect them by dragging a fork through them. The fork marks go away as the cookie bar bakes.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.