- December 19, 2006 at 3:10 am #238099
**==> H o u s e h o l d ~ T i p s <==**
* After washing, drying and folding sets of sheets, store them
inside of the matching pillow case.
* Need storage space for out of season clothing? Use your
suitcases and add a fabric softener sheet for freshness.
* Hang a clear vinyl shoe organizer in your laundry room. Place
any single socks in the pockets by color or by person they belong
to. This helps you match them easily when the mate shows up.
* Have several laundry baskets handy, use a white one for sorting
whites, a light one for the lights, and a dark one for darks.
This will help even your younger children sort laundry.
* Hang a hook for holding clothes hangers. Clothes hung up right
out of the dryer may not need ironing.
* Place a shelving unit in your laundry room next to the dryer.
The plastic ones with 4 or 5 shelves work great. Now, designate a
shelf or space for each member of the family. As you remove
clothes from the dryer, place them into baskets on the shelves
for the children to fold and put away.
* Assign and limit 1-2 towels to each family member per week.
* If you can’t hear the buzzers on the machines or tend to lose
track of time, set a timer for the length of the cycle and keep
* Clothes that need ironing should be washed first so you can
iron while the other loads are being done.
* Wash delicate, underclothes, and hand washables while taking a
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.