Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

I have made 2 batches of Laundry Soap and my Oster has torn up 2 Gaskets. I was wondering if anyone has any input on what I may be doing wrong? It is very frustrating trying to figure this situation out.

Avatar for dragline190dFreebieQueen

@dragline190d 327628 wrote:

I have made 2 batches of Laundry Soap and my Oster has torn up 2 Gaskets. I was wondering if anyone has any input on what I may be doing wrong? It is very frustrating trying to figure this situation out.

Yes, you must dry the rim of the jar completely and make sure that it is Clean. Then seat the gasket on the blade and seat the blade & gasket firmly onto the jar. Then screw the band into place. If you’re tearing up gaskets one of the following is happening:

1. The rim of the jar is wet/dirty causing an improper seal & therefore slipping
      2. The gasket is wet or dirty causing an improper seal and therefore slipping.
      3. The bottom of the blender (the band) isn’t being screwed on tight enough and it’s causing the gasket to slip out and break.

The only time I’ve broken a gasket is when I hurried and stuck it on there without seating it properly.

I made a gal yesterday and I used a hand mixer and love what I got and I used it in my HE washer. Thank you so much will save me so much money

Thank you for the help. I thought about those scenarios but had concerns about the Jars themselves and just wanted to rule them out before I concentrated on what you have suggested. I will try it again and see what happens.

Thanks again!!!!

Update:

I just made a 4 Quart batch of Lavender Super Laundry Sauce. I washed and dried the Blender attachments well after I processed each bottle. I am happy to inform that I had no Gasket issues whatsoever.

Thanks Again!

Stick mixer is the answer. You can whip the soap in the pan. Let it cool and rest and whip again.

Then bottle. I put in a large heavy plastic container without any problems.

Avatar for dragline190dFreebieQueen

@dragline190d 329010 wrote:

Update:

I just made a 4 Quart batch of Lavender Super Laundry Sauce. I washed and dried the Blender attachments well after I processed each bottle. I am happy to inform that I had no Gasket issues whatsoever. Thanks Again!

Glad you got it! I had the same issue on one of my jars and I didn’t realize that It wasn’t seated well until I saw it swirling around in pieces in my jar.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.