- August 29, 2008 at 12:54 pm #262228
bahama breeze jamaican jerk
grilled chicken wings
5 pounds Chicken Wings whole, thawed
3 tablespoons Garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon Thyme, fresh chopped
1 teaspoon Allspice, ground
1 cup Water
1/8 cup Scallions, sliced
Jerk Seasoning (Dry), as needed
for jamaican marinade:
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons Jamaican Jerk seasoning
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon dark Jamaican rum
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning
2 green onions, chopped
1 lime, juiced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 habanero pepper, seeded and minced
1. Add the jerk marinade, garlic, thyme, allspice, water, and scallions in a large bowl and mix to evenly combine the ingredients.
2.Add the chicken wings to the marinade, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
3. Marinate the chicken wings for 16 to 24 hours before cooking.
4. Remove the wings from the marinade and place in a clean bowl.
Make sure the wings are drained well after being removed from the marinade or the seasoning will not fully adhere to the wings.
5. Season the wings with the dry jerk seasoning and lay on a sheet pan with the wing tips face down.
6. Bake the wings at 350 degrees F for 20 a 25 minutes or until fully cooked.
7. Remove from oven and place in the refrigerator to chill to 40 F. Pre-cooking the wings prevents flare-ups on the grill.
8. Place the chilled wings on the grill and grill for 2 1/2 – 3 minutes on each side on medium heat.
9.The skin of the wings should develop a crisp texture and a dark color. Make sure the wings are fully heated to 165 degrees F. Serve hot.
Source: America’s Most Wanted Recipes Volume 2
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.