Stuff I’d Like to See General Labor Day Roll Call! 9-2-2013

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Hello! Happy Labor Day to all of our Hard-working (& for some – Retired!!) Members!

We hope you all have a fabulous day with you friends and families. As such, we’re having a quickie B101 Surprise Challenge Roll Call!

Out of all of the respondents, 1 lucky winner will receive an Amazon Gift Card of at Least $20! If we have a large number of responses, that number will of course soar!

What do you have to do to enter? Respond to this thread and tell us how you’re spending your Labor Day!

Have a fabulous day!

I am working a full shift at my job. I opted to work since I get paid double time and a half. Not bad for a day’s work.

Cooking for the week ahead, loading the freezer with great things, using up all the produce in the fridge!

Sewing!
      My grand baby is due in December, and I have a dozen baby projects I want to make, but since I work full time, I need to take advantage of vacation days!
      Yesterday, I made “Mom’s super laundry sauce” for washing the baby clothes!

Participant

I plan on doing laundry, Saturday we did our errands, yesterday we had a huge cookout with my parents, hubby and kids, today I will do laundry. I might have enough food leftover from yesterday where I don’t have to cook. but on second thought I may grill a pork loin with BBQ and take the leftovers for lunch this coming week.

I already finished a very good book that I was reading and I have just started another one. If I cookout and do laundry, I will have plenty of time to read to day.

d-working (& for some – Retired!!) Members!

We hope you all have a fabulous day with you friends and families. As such, we’re having a quickie B101 Surprise Challenge Roll Call!

Out of all of the respondents, 1 lucky winner will receive an Amazon Gift Card of at Least $20! If we have a large number of responses, that number will of course soar!

What do you have to do to enter? Respond to this thread and tell us how you’re spending your Labor Day!

Have a fabulous day!

I am working a 12 hr shift, just another day in paradise.

Participant

I had planned an early afternoon Bar-B-Que, but it’s raining. So now I have to make it a oven baked Bar-B-Que, oh well.

I am enjoying my day off from work. Have lots to do. Excited about this web site.

Hope everyone has a great Labor Day. Learning to use this web site and hoping it is right!!

Well today is also my wedding anniversary, so we are cooking out and just enjoying the day relaxing with family.

It is a day off from my temp job, so hanging with the hubby and dogs, will probably go see some friends later for bbq and dominoes. its a beautiful, but hot and muggy day here. I hope you all enjoy yourselves today, be careful though, the cops are everywhere!

No duis today, ok?

Cathy

Day off from work, sooooo I plan to do some cleaning and re-organizing and menu planning for the week ahead and of course checking out some delish recipes on Budget 101. Happy Labor Day!!

Am spending the day between looking up cake and frosting recipes, laundry and spending time with kiddos!

I am catching up on house work this Labor day…….Including making more laundry sauce!!!

budget101;331991 wrote:
      Hello! Happy Labor Day to all of our Hard-working (& for some – Retired!!) Members!

Have a fabulous day!

Making up some of the recipes I am finding on this ‘new to me’ site

What I’m always doing when I’m not working….. working at home! 😀 vacuuming, laundry (and making new laundry sauce!) I just joined, and am having a blast poking around this site (and procrastinating on the vacuuming and laundry)…..
      Christa

We just stayed home, nothing big for us. Watched some movies, ate some Tacos, did laundry. Mike has to work tonight, so it is Noon and he is out for the day. Plus it is a Grey day, no rain, just heavy overcast here in MN.

Participant

Can’t let a day go by without checking for new hints. I am currently unemployed, but sitting for my 7 year old grandson in the interim.

Participant

I tried to edit this post to say “Can’t let a day go by without checking for new hints. Sunday was my great niece’s wedding, so a fun day was had. Today is just getting ready for the week ahead.” Because I was tired of the same old sentence, but it wouldn’t save.. SO…

Enjoying the day. Looking forward to this new site for me.

Just being lazy, it is the only day I can do that and get away with it.

Gardening, work and a concert this evening.

Been a lazy day so far. Getting ready to start dinner–Pork chops, corn on the cob and baked beans.

We are just hanging out today. I have just discovered this awesome site and have been checking it out for a couple hours now. Cheers to a good day!!

Hubby is cooking while I spend the day rocking and holding our youngest. His fourth tooth is coming out and it is a bad one. I haven’t been able to put him down all weekend. Makes me so sad to see him feel this bad.

Just spending the day being lazy. Went to the deer lease with hubby to put out corn that got wet last night from unexpected rain. Praise God for the rain! Other than that we are just having a relaxing day until we get back into the middle of things tomorrow. I hope everyone has had a wonderful day, whether you had the day off or if you needed to work today.

At our house, it’s been a quiet and peaceful day…if you don’t count the severe storms that blew through earlier today.
      Thankfully it cleared off so we were still able to have our cook out.
      Great time with family, friends and food! Good times… 🙂

For an unknown reason, this was a double post…

Wish I’d seen this site sooner! Looks fun!

I made curtains for the basement windows

Today I took the older girls shopping at the mall for back to school clothes. JCP had a nice sale on and we got 8 pairs of jeans 6 tank tops and a shirt for $140.

We are in Las Vegas with our son, Tim, daughter-in-law, Kate,and also our granddaughter, Trinity, who is 2 weeks old today. We are getting ready now to put some ribs on the grill and just enjoying our time together and thanking God for the new addition to our family.

I don’t think I was logged in last time I posted. I am having trouble with having to log it to this site a lot. Anyway if this is spam or if I have posted twice I appologize. Today I took my two older girls shopping for back to school. I managed to suplement their wardrobes with 8 pairs of jeans 6 tank tops and one polo shirt for $140. There were some great sales today but the mall sure was crowded. I still need to get a couple more shirts for DD1 because she is too picky. Silly 15 year old!

Despite the fact we’d love to have cooked out and had lots of fun – our fun is packing our vehicles for the wedding of daughter about 9 hours away. We’ll help all week and celebrate Saturday evening!! Happy for the continuation of positive happiness and futures looking bright !! Very Thankful for all the Laborers as well !! Hugs from here – SassySal2008
      @Budget101 331991 wrote:

Have a fabulous day!

Our grandaughter spnet the weekend wiht us,and before she left she helped pick tomatoes and apples. After she left I worked on makeing applesauce, tomorrow is tomato day before going back to work Wednesday.

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Stuff I’d Like to See General Labor Day Roll Call! 9-2-2013