- This topic is empty.
- August 10, 2021 at 9:15 am #599872
Over the years, I’ve shared numerous (I was surprised how many when I did a search!) recipes for ribs. However, I’ve never shared a Korean short rib recipe and that’s because I had my first taste just a few years ago. So I’ve been working on it;-D Fortunately for me, my DEXH had a Korean neighbor. He would bake cupcakes for her children and she would turn him on to Korean foods and how to prepare them. So with his help, we’ve come up with some good meals and the recipes to prepare them.
Korean Braised Short Ribs
5 tbs sugar
6 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs honey
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 onion, grated
3 scallions, finely chopped
1 tbs sesame seeds
1 tbs sesame oil
1/2 Asian pear, peeled and finely chopped
3 lb short ribs
2 potatoes, cut into large chunks
2 carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
1. Score the ribs so that they absorb more of the liquid.
2. Mix all ingredients except potatoes and carrots.
3. Dump everything into a large pot. Mix well, making sure all the ribs are covered. The liquid should come to about half the level of the ribs in the pot.
4. Cover pot with a tight-fitting lid.
5. When it begins to boil, turn to a low simmer. Cook for at least 1 hour adding in potatoes and carrots after 30 min. Serves 4
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.