- January 27, 2009 at 12:24 am #269962
2 sets of measuring spoons
2 sets of dry measuring cups
2 glass liquid measuring cups
1-quart liquid measuring cup
grater (large & hand-held)
ice cream scoop
kitchen tongs (long & short)
mortar and pestle
potato ricer or masher
skewers (metal or wood)
spatulas, rubber (3 or 4 of various sizes & 1 high-heat)
thermometers (candy, meat & oven)
vegetable steamer (collapsible)
wire whisk or hard rubber whisk
wooden spoons (4 or 5)
baking dishes (multiple sizes)
microwave-safe casserole with lid
mixing bowls (4 or more sizes)
pasta bowl (serving)
plastic containers (for storage)
salad bowl (serving)
small ingredient dishes (various sizes)
pots & panscutlery
cast-iron frying pan
frying pans (8″ & 10″) I have more than one
large saute pan
saucepans (1-qt., 2-qt. & 3 qt.)
stockpot (8 quart)
paring knife (2)
serrated bread knife
serrated tomato knife
angel food cake pan
baking sheet with rim
cooling racks (2)
flat baking sheets (2)
glass pie plates (2)
loaf pan (2)
muffin tins (2)
oven baking stone (pizzas and bread)
round cake pans (2)
springform pan (9″) I have more than one size
square baking pan (9″x9″)
waffle iron (optional)
crock pot (optional)
- November 20, 2009 at 5:09 am #426402Wow, I didn’t know I had so much, till I started reading! My biggest kitchen essential would be my microwave! Plus from the $ Tree I found spatulas that can stand heat up to I think 500*.
Plus they are brightly colored-easy to find! ps-a lot of this I don’t have…
- November 20, 2009 at 1:18 pm #426405
I have most of it but would never consider a crock pot an optional item! Food processor might be optional, the coffee maker and grinder would most certainly be optional, but never a crockpot!
- November 14, 2012 at 8:32 pm #434852I probably don’t have a lot of these things. I love my crockpot so much I have 2 sizes of them. My favorite thing to do is dump recipes.
I’m teaching my son how to as I am learning more about them.
- November 15, 2012 at 1:24 am #434874
I’m another one that has just got to have my Crock Pots. Love them!!!
I so agree they’re NOT optional. But then again, neither is my coffee pot.
- March 11, 2013 at 3:23 pm #437809I don’t think the word optional should be next to crock pot. That should be under The Life Saving/Time Crunch list of Must Haves…but thats just me. lol
- March 11, 2013 at 3:36 pm #437813
Also, what is a strawberry huller?
- March 11, 2013 at 4:03 pm #437814
A strawberry huller is a little tool that pinches the stem and leaves and removes them and leaves the strawberry whole and lovely looking for those great strawberry pie recipes, etc.
- March 12, 2013 at 8:04 pm #437832I think I have a little ways to go. I thought you might need 2 measuring cups. thanks for the list. I saved it to see what I need.
- March 17, 2013 at 2:36 pm #437930
Thank you, brchbell. I thought that is what it did, but never seen one before and obviously never used one.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.