- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated December 25, 2011 at 8:11 pm by .
- December 25, 2011 at 8:11 pm #301797MrsPaws
The only planned over I’ve come up with this, is to have it left over..maybe over rice or a wheat pasta….But the recipe is quite tasty.
Kidney Bean Hash* 2 Tablespoons olive oil
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1/2 green pepper, chopped
* 1/2 red pepper, chopped
* 2 to 3 boiled potatoes, chilled and diced with skins still on
* 1 15-ounce can kidney beans-rinsed and drained
* 1/2 cup water
* dash of salt
* dash of pepper
* dash of garlic powder
* dash of Tabasco sauce
* dash of Mrs. Dash seasoning
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Saute the onion until it’s soft. Add the green and red peppers and saute briefly.
Add the diced potatoes and mix well. Cook for 10 minutes, turning with a spatula every 2 minutes.While the potato mixture cooks, mash 1/2 to 2/3 of the beans with a potato masher. Mix all the beans into the mixture in the frying pan, add 1/2 cup water, and cover. Cook over medium heat for another 5 minutes.
Season to taste. Serve and enjoy.
*Recipe can be doubled or even tripled with good results*
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.