- This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated April 5, 2013 at 11:00 pm by .
- April 5, 2013 at 5:41 pm #316926
kfc coleslaw clone
kfc coleslaw is one of my all-time favorite foods, unfortunately i have to drive 2 hours to find some. After doing some research I found this recipe and I have made it in the past and it is absolutely delicious! It tastes exactly like the stuff KFC makes!
1/2 cup mayonnaise*
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
8 cups finely chopped cabbage (approx. 1 head)
1/4 cup shredded carrot (1 medium carrot)
2 tablespoons minced onion
* Be sure cabbage and carrots are chopped into very fine pieces (a little bigger than rice)
* Combine the mayonnaise, sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper in large bowl. Beat until smooth
* Add cabbage, carrots, and onions. Mix well.
* Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, if you let it sit over night it’s even better 🙂
*Hellmans mayonaise must be used to get the most authentic KFC slaw flavor 🙂
- April 5, 2013 at 11:00 pm #438587
thank you very much for the great find. I love slaw.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.