- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated April 17, 2021 at 1:36 pm by .
- October 21, 2008 at 10:46 pm #264986
6 eggs, separated
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup fresh lime juice (key lime juice, if available)
1 baked 9 inch pie crust
1/4 cup sugar
Beat egg yolks & mix with condensed milk. Add lime juice & blend well. Pour into baked pie crust. Beat egg whites until stiff. Beat in sugar gradually, 1 Tbs at a time. Spread meringue on pie, spreadding all the way to edges to seal. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until meringue is pale golden, in a 300 degree oven.
- April 17, 2021 at 1:36 pm #597586
That sounds lovely, this is how I make mine:
Key Lime Pie
3 egg yolks, room temperature
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup key lime juice
2 tsp lime zest
9-inch graham cracker crust
Optional garnish: whipped heavy cream or whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk.
- Beat with a mixer at high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 min.
- Gradually beat in lime juice and lime zest.
- Pour mixture into the crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15 min to cook the eggs.
- Cool slightly and then refrigerate.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or whipped topping if desired. Serves 8
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.