Keto YooHoo Chocolate Drink

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Keto Recipes Keto YooHoo Chocolate Drink

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      52WksBirmingham

This low carb, sugar free recipe for copycat YooHoo is made with whey protein powder. I had a big tub in my pantry that I bought at Costco, but you can find it on Amazon or any store that sells those sorts of items.

When buying protein powder, pay attention to your labels, some contain sugar (in one of its many names), some are higher in carb than others, and be prepared for some sticker shock. It’s expensive. Before you invest that kind of money on any grocery item, I recommend getting a smaller container to test the recipe.

Here is the brand that I already had, there are probably less expensive and there are definitely more expensive. There are also some that have fewer carbs, but I am comfortable with mine.
      A rounded scoop of it has 3 carbs, and two rounded scoops fill a one-cup measure.

Low Carb, Sugar Free YooHoo Chocolate Drink

1 Quart water
      1 cup of Chocolate whey protein
      1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
      1/4 cup of cream
      Teaspoon of vanilla
      Pinch of salt
      Sweetener to taste (go easy on this. Add a little, then taste, then add a little more. Remember, you can’t take it out once it’s in there. I used a scant pinch of sweetener from my bag of pure allulose powder)

keto yoohoo recipe

In at least a 2 quart stockpot, combine all ingredients over med-low heat and stir with a whisk till the whey powder is dissolved. Once it looks nice and chocolatey, like Yoohoo, either serve it hot, or store it in the fridge and serve cold. I poured mine into a quart mason jar and kept it overnight. We all agreed that it was awesome hot, but way better chilled.

If you love YooHoo, give this a try.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      mos

WOW!  I don’t even remember when I last had a YooHoo!  When in high school, it was my get-up-and-go drink!  Mama wouldn’t let me drink coffee unless it was ‘her’ “cafe au lait” and heavy on the ‘au lait!’  LOL!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Keto Recipes Keto YooHoo Chocolate Drink