- This topic is empty.
- January 25, 2021 at 6:00 am #577018LissKeymaster
If you’ve been craving beignets or funnel cakes since you switched to Keto- you will adore these delicious Funnel cake fries!!
Keto Beignet Funnel Cake Fries
COCONUT FLOUR DOUGH (6 Net Carbs for Entire Batch)
Coconut Flour 50 grams
1 TBSP Xanthan Gum
scant half cup of HOT WATER
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 TBSP Bochasweet (or your favorite keto sweetener)
1 tsp Cinnamon
My fav keto maple syrup
You’ll also need coconut oil for frying, or you can cook this in an Air-fryer.
1. Add the keto flour of choice and xanthan gum to a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly. Add the bochasweet & cinnamon mixing well to combine with the other ingredients, then add in hot water, and vanilla extract- mixing & kneading until all the ingredients are well blended. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
2. Roll out the dough until it is 1/4 cm thick, then cut it into strips. I found that a pizza cutter works great!
3. Put a generous amount of oil in a frying pan and gently place the dough strips into small squiggles in the pan. Cook them until they are golden brown on all sides.
4. Drain them on paper towels and lightly sprinkle the top with keto powdered sugar or drizzle with keto maple syrup.
Keto Funnel Cake Fries Air Fryer Method:
Form the strips close together in a squiggle pattern, much like a traditional funnel cake, but do not overlap them, otherwise, they won’t cook evenly. Spritz them generously with oil and air fry at 375F until crispy
This recipe was created based off this awesome crispy French fry recipe
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.