Keeping the lunch cold at school

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Keeping the lunch cold at school

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

my favorite way to keep lunch cold is to wet a face cloth and put in a ziploc bag and freeze it. when the cloth has melted they can use it to clean up after lunch. Our school lunches are so close to when they get to school they still are cool.

Yolonda wrote:

I put re-useable ice packs in my kids lunch boxes. It keeps it cool until lunch time. You can
      also freeze the drink; it doubles as the ice pack then.

Just be sure and only freeze half or take it out earlier. I don’t send pre-packaged drinks with my kids so I only freeze half the bottle and the next morning will fill it the rest of the way with their drink. You can also invest in a good Tupperware type sandwich container.

It keeps the sandwich from getting squished around. You can definitely recoup your money in the amount of bags you will use over the years. Hope this helps!

I am looking for advice on how to keep my sons school lunch (sandwiches etc) cold and fresh.

Don’t let your dream ride pass you by. Make it a reality with Yahoo! Autos.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Keeping the lunch cold at school