Budget101 Discussion List Archives Gardening & Landscaping Keep veggies fresh longer

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I wrap my lettuce, onions, celery, and other fresh veggies in aluminum foil. My lettuce stays fresh and crisp. Celery doesn’t go limp and onions stay firm.

Great tip! My mom used this method and it really works. Thanks for sharing

the foil sounds awesome I will have to try that with my celery, cause it does get limpy when I don’t use it up very fast.

I also wanted to mention that I used to use those green bags to keep my veggies and fruit fresher longer, and they worked really good. One day I didn’t have any of the green bags so I just grabbed a zip-lock baggie, Wala! that worked perfectly too!

The secret to the bags working though is not that it is a bag, it is that you are supposed to put a sheet of paper toweling in the bag with the veggies or fruit….it soaks up any residual water. Just thought someone might want to know.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Gardening & Landscaping Keep veggies fresh longer