Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Where can I find the Just Whites egg replacement mentioned in the cake in a mug recipes? I dont know Would it be in the baking department of my local mega-mart or do I have to order it online?

They are in the baking isle at walmart (usually Isle #10), on the shelf near the cornstarch, baking powder and yeast and in a short round container (looks like a baking powder container) that sells for about $1.87 (ymmv).

These are great to add if you’re giving them to college students or elderly folks (who might not have eggs conveniently on hand).

There are a couple different brands available now. (Just Whites) and several different size containers.

Here’s a photo of what you’re looking for:

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Thanks for your help, FreebieQeen! And also for the picture link. Unfortunately I’m still a “Ground Level Lurker” so I wasn’t permitted access to the link.

Don’t know why exactly, but maybe after I’ve posted a few more times! Thanks again!

O.K., I have looked in every grocery store I have available to me and I still cannot find the Just Whites egg replacement! Any other suggestions??? :087:

OK, I finally found them at Giant Eagle for $5.79! That’s for a 3 ounce can. I guess my college girl is worth it!

Wow that is a little pricey. Hopefully they go one sale sometime soon for you.

That is supposedly a reduced price! The regular price is $7.59! I sure hope those cakes-in-a-mug are worth it!

Why not use a homemade substitute? I use the soy and water one in mine.

Other options are (taken from pioneerthinking.com)
      Ener-G Egg Replacer – follow directions on box. (health food store)
      2 tbsp cornstarch = 1 egg
      2 tbsp arrowroot flour = 1 egg
      2 tbsp potato starch = 1 egg
      1 heaping tbsp soy powder + 2 tbsp water = 1 egg
      1 tbsp soy milk powder + 1 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water = 1 egg.
      1 banana = 1 egg in cakes.
      1 tbsp milled flax seed and 3 tbsp water = 1 egg

Karen

I just bought the “Just Whites” product before you posted this message! I just may have to try it for the next time. Thank you for posting!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.