- This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated March 19, 2008 at 3:07 pm by .
- March 19, 2008 at 3:07 pm #256732
When I first arrived at my parents’ house 3 weeks ago I was starting bedrest and coming down with a wicked cold. Whenever I’m sick my appetite changes and I was actually in the mood for jello; something I normally can’t stand.
Here’s the catch. I was craving jello but it had to be Jello 1-2-3. You may remember this from the 80s and 90s.
It came in a box and it turned into a jello dessert with 3 layers. The bottom layer is regular jello, the second layer is a bit creamier, and the top layer is foamy. This was one of my favorite treats growing up.
Well, after some internet research, I found a recipe that looked like it might work. Since I have been on bedrest I had to beg my mom to make it for me. While it ended up being a bit more of a Jello 1-2, it was just as tasty as I remembered.
I’m hoping I can convince her to make it again before I leave in a few weeks.
Here is the recipe that I found:
3/4 cup boiling water
1 package Jello (4-serving size)
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup cool whip , thawed
1. Pour boiling water into blender. Add gelatin.
Cover and blend at low speed until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 30 seconds.
2. Combine cold water ice cubes to make 1-1/4 cups. Add to gelatin and stir until ice is partially melted.
Then add whipped topping; blend at high speed for 30 seconds.
4. Pour into dessert glasses.
5. Chill about 30 minutes.
Dessert layers as it chills. Garnish as desired.Posted by Gourmetish at 12:05 AM
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.